Sunday, March 29, 2009

What is something you can teach yourself to do at work, be it a language, crocheting, etc?

I am looking for something to learn that I would be able to do at work due to Big Brother taking over. We have a lot of down time and I want to use it in a productive manner. It would be something I could teach myself. Thanks for all ideas.



Yes, needlework and knitting too. Magic tricks (needs lots of practice using cards and coins) If you have a computer you can use, you can learn a lot of computer related things if you don't know them already. HTML, how to build a website, how to use well any of the programs that would help you get another job when you get tired of Big Brother. You can take up writing. Either in the form of blogging, journal writing, short story writing, poetry etc. You can sculpt on a small scale using sculpey or fimo. Painting and drawing. (painting in an office would be easiest with watercolors, you don't need a bunch of stuff...paper, pencil, brush, paint, water, paper towels) Photography was actually something I did a lot of in my downtime when I was working in an office. I got fairly good at taking artistic photos of boring things. Wood carving. Origami. Jewelery making. You could learn all you can about a certain aspect of history or art history.





I tried to think of things that aren't unreasonably messy. Being an artist, unfortunately most of everything that came to mind was art related.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts & Humanities