Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tips for aqward silences.....?

I have a group of friends that I only really know from facebook, I talk to them a lot, but I've only really met up with them like 5 times in person. They invited me to a party today, it always gets aqward, are there any tips for aqward situations? I'm a really funny guy, but I never get to show it around them.



Tell a funny anecdote, or make a self-deprecating joke about how it's impossible to fill awkward silences. Everyone will relate and will probably have some stories of their own.




Ask questions about them. People always like talking about themselves and once they start, watch out, all silence will quickly go out the window. Ask about hobbies, music etc. or whatever you suspect they might be interested in. And make like your listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts & Humanities