Sunday, March 29, 2009

Topic for high school paper?

I have just joined my high school news paper and I need help. See I asked to have an opinion page, where I pick a topic and I write what I truly think about it, the editor said he liked the idea of it. We meet on monday and I want to type one up to show him my talent and seal the deal. But I don't know what to write about. It has to be something that catches the students attention but I can wright about it in a serious matter. What do you think I should write about? Please help me.



Turn to your local newspapers for inspiration. But choose something teenagers would be interested in. If you go to a conservative school, avoid very liberal topics. You could start with something like arguing whether your school should have a recycling program and if not, how it can help. If you have one, analyze it, ask people what they think. Other topics could be...





Proposing social groups at school


An article on facebook - good or bad, or both


Writing about something your school needs or is wasting money on





Think about your experience in high school and what matters to you and your friends. Make sure to have someone proof read it for you before submitting it. Also make sure its not too long and dragged out.





You could always write about the school's need for an opinion column in the student paper ;)




You should talk about cliques and stuff: how ppl would like to think there isnt a clique problem in schools but there really are, or talk about ppl and how theyre obsessed with how they look, or something like that. just do something that really makes a difference and ppl should know about.




marijuana policies.





or something reagarding drinking.


or maybe senoir privledges and what they should be, then go out and ask afew people so u can include quotes in it to make it seem more valid.





good luck.




hannah montana




that clique is old news. how about if they had to live in a depression era that might be on its way soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts & Humanities