Sunday, March 29, 2009

A poem entitled

Okay - so i wrote this poem that i have titled "Seventeen Years" and I want to know what you think... it's from a woman's perspective on a 17 year marriage that is being destroyed - partly due to rumors... Her husband has moved out and their son lives with him... This is not about me - please just be honest and tell me what you think about the poem. The names are "___" for privacy reason's because it is based on somebody I know. This is my first poem i have ever written that I actually like :)














Fighting, frustration and crap like that


All started with Mr. ____ and Mr. ____.


But they didnt do it it was you,


Why cant I just get that message through?





It cant be that hard its been seventeen years.


At first it was laughs but now its just tears.


You dont have to deal with as much as me


Its so unfair dont you agree?





I mean we created life together


We were a family; ____, ____ and _______.


Now Im not sure how it should be.


Stay and fight, or let go and be free?





I dont know how much longer I can hold on,


But then again, already it has been pretty long.


Since this all started - our first major fight


I go through it and through it every night.





I still have your ring, and you still have our son


Lets try to end nicely, and get it all done.


I dont know about you, but I think its hard.


Should I trust you again or would that let down my guard?





It all happened so fast its hard to remember


But I fell into pieces, in only November.


People talked and talked... thinking it was true


Talk about me, and of course mention you.





They dont even know you, there are such stupid rumors


Feels like on my heart there are painful love tumors.


You were the one I went to when I was sad


It was time that we shared, and moments that we had.





Cant re-live that time for it will always be the past.


Like all the kisses the first and the last.


This would be easier if we didnt have ____


Seventeen Years and its been - well, seventeen years.



WOW ..


nice ..


but it's sad that it's on a true incident!!




I think it is a very thoughtful peom. I get from the poem that you are sad and you always went to him to talk things out. It will get better in time. Hang in there.




That's really a great poem. aww...it makes me feel sad.




I love it!


xoxo Jeana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts & Humanities